FirstNet Subscriber Paid Service Available for CAP ES Personnel
CAP ES personnel are eligible to obtain FirstNet subscriber paid service which is provided exclusively by AT&T. Download the ORWG FirstNet Information Sheet for instructions. FirstNet subscriber paid service is available to ORWG ES personnel and individual members applying for service will be reviewed by the ORWG Communications staff to confirm eligibility. FirstNet subscriber paid service is paid by the individual member including any required device costs.
COVID-19 Radio Equipment Cleaning/Sanitation Guidance
Guidance from the Emergency Communications Division of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): Wipe down communications equipment with sanitizing wipes such as those from Clorox and allow to dry.
Another approach is to cover the microphone with a fold top plastic sandwich baggie (or a vegetable/meat bag from the market) to protect the microphone. Another baggie can be used by the operator to cover their fingers when operating the radio's controls. When the operating session is over, or between operators, dispose of the bags being careful to not touch the outside of the one used on the microphone nor the inside of the one used for the controls.
Communication's Directorate Collaboration Coming Soon
Leveraging the features of Microsoft Office 365, the Communications Directorate will be launching a number of Microsoft Office 365 Team spaces to support collaboration within the Communications community. Microsoft Office 365 Team enables collaboration through file sharing, file repositories, chat messaging, email and other capabilities. We will be using Teams to become the place to go for all communications information, thought exchange, communications training information, net participation logging and other capabilities and features.
Listed below will be a index of our team sites and channels along with a short description of each and a link to the site. We will also be pulling back FOUO and other materials that are currently stored in this website and placing them into Teams with a link from this website to the Team location. This provides user authentication security and will allow us to remove password protection on these materials and still meet OPSEC requirements.
Communications Regulations and Publications
ORWG Communications Plans - These files stored in the ORWG - Communications Team - Comm Plans channel file space. Access is restricted. Some are password Protected. Contact email@example.com to obtain the password or access to the ORWG - Communications Team site.
Oregon Wing Conference Communications and Annual Communications Conference Presentations
Microsoft Teams Training
As our use of Teams grows please encourage squadron members unfamiliar with Teams to watch these training videos provided by Microsoft.
Microsoft also offers training videos on YouTube.
Communications ES Personnel Training
APX Radio Training
HF Radio Training
- ORWG Micom 3 Basic User Training
- Rohde & Schwarz High Frequency (HF) Learning Center - In this learning center you’ll find videos, tutorials, white papers, brochures, applications notes, quick links, and articles focused on High Frequency Test and Measurement Solutions; the Rohde & Schwarz portfolio of HF radios for land, air, and sea; and their HF monitoring and direction finding solutions. Rohde & Schwarz is a Munich based technology group that develops, produces, and sells a wide range of electronic capital goods for industry and government customers with a focus on solutions that contribute to a safer and connected world. Rohde & Schwarz is not endorsed by CAP but this information is provided as a service to CAP members.
Tactical Repeater (PDR-3500)
Technisonic Aircraft FM Radio Training
Monthly Training Webinars
Recordings of the webinars may be found at here.
Access to the recordings requires an orwgcap.org, orwg.cap.gov or cap.gov email address. Log into your orwg.cap.gov Gmail account and then select the recording link above. You may need to copy the link and then paste it into your web browser.
- November 2020 Webinar - ReadyOp Overview - Slides - Webinar
- October 2020 Webinar - ACARS and IFC - How HF/VHF radio and SatCom play a role in modern commercial aviation - Slides - Webinar
- September 2020 Webinar - CAP LMR Programming - Slides - Webinar
- August 2020 Webinar - LMR Refresher - Slides - Webinar
- July 2020 Webinar - ReadyOp Overview - Slides - Webinar
- June 2020 Webinar - Demonstration of online ICUT evaluation program - Webinar
- April 2020 Webinar - Microsoft Teams Overview by Col Brian Bishop - Webinar
- March 2020 Webinar - HF Antennas - Slides - Webinar
- February 2020 Webinar - Long Range Digital Radio (LRDR) - Slides - Webinar
- January 2020 Webinar - Basic Communications Troubleshooting - Slides - Webinar
- December 2019 Webinar - APX-4500 Training - Slides - Webinar
- November 2019 Webinar - DoD Exercise 19-4 AAR Review - Slides - Webinar
- October 2019 Webinar - FirstNet, GETS/WPS - FirstNet Slides - GETS/WPS Slides - Webinar
- September 2019 Webinar - Operations Security OPSEC - Slides - Webinar
- July 2019 Webinar - COMMEX 19 Hot Wash - Slides - Webinar
- June 2019 Webinar - 2019 ORWG COMMEX Preparation - Webinar
- May 2019 Webinar - CAP's New Mission - Slides - Webinar
- April 2019 Webinar - ORWG Communications Plans (FOUO) - Slides - Webinar
- March 2019 Webinar - Brevity Messages - Slides - Webinar
- February 2019 Webinar - TDFM Operations - Slides - Webinar
- January 2019 Webinar - OPSEC and COMSEC - Slides - Webinar - Link to DOD OPSEC Awareness Training
- December 2018 Webinar - The New Mission and the TA - Slides - Webinar
- November 2018 Webinar - Planning for Highbird operations and VHF Mobile radio tips Webinar
- October 2018 Webinar - (slides) - 2018 Comm Managers Meeting Update - Webinar
- September 2018 Webinar - (slides) - FY2019 Inventory Training
- August 2018 - COMMEX18 Review (slides)
- July 2018 Webinar - (slides) Interoperability
- June 2018 Webinar ORWG Annual Communications Exercise Briefing
- May 2018 Webinar Portable Repeaters PDR3000
- April 2018 Webinar ORWG Communications Plans
- March 2018 - Webinar Unit Communications Officer Training Part 2
- February 2018 - Webinar Unit Communications Officer Training Part 1
Job Aids and Other Information
Call Sign List
CAP Communications Information
Requesting Radio Equipment Service and Accessories
Various Tools and Information
Radio Information, Manuals, and Reference Guides
APX Radio Manuals
APX-4000 (Handheld Radio) Manuals
APX-4500 (Base/Mobile) Radio Manuals
CAP Communications Information
EF Johnson Information
Micom 2/3 and RDP HF Radio Information
Tactical Repeater (PDR-3500)
Technisonic (TDFM) Radio Information