Emergency Services Training Information
Contact the ORWG ES Director
Microsoft Teams Training
As our use of Teams grows please encourage squadron members unfamiliar with Teams to watch these training videos provided by Microsoft.
Microsoft also offers training videos on YouTube.
- June 25-27, 2021 - EOSAR Exercise - Base Camp at Salt Creek Summit, CAP ICP at Joseph State Airport 4S3. Attendance to be pre-approved in advance. More information to follow as available.
Internal Training Links
- ORWG ES Training MS Teams Site - Link - This MS Teams site is the ORWG repository for ES and Operations Training including ES and Operations Officers professional development track. You can find training materials, links to recordings of previously presented trainings, and some reference materials.
- CAP Task Guides
External Training Links and Calendars
- FEMA Region X Training Opportunities
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI)
- Online Independent Study Courses
- Oregon State Training Calendar
- Washington State Training Calendar
- Idaho State Training Calendar
FEMA ICS Courses Online
- IS-100 - Introduction to the Incident Command System- Link
- IS-200 - Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response - Link
- IS-700 - An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) - Link
- IS-800 - National Response Framework, An Introduction - Link
FEMA Independent Study Courses
Our partners at FEMA have asked that we encourage our personnel that are interested to take the following independent study courses:
- IS-26 – Guide to Points of Distribution (POD): Personnel prepared to support PODs are becoming more critical as distribution sites are being established for vaccines and the FEMA Individual Assistance and Mass Care staff prepares for hurricane season which is just a few months away. CAP members completing this training should upload their certificate and document completion of this achievement in Ops Quals.
- IS-27 – Orientation to FEMA Logistics: CAP personnel have assisted many states in distribution of vaccines and personal protective equipment throughout the COVID-19 response. FEMA anticipates ongoing needs for personnel willing to volunteer to support logistics operations, and this training will provide a basic orientation to FEMA’s field logistics operations. CAP members completing this training should upload their certificate in Ops Quals for safekeeping; CAP/DO anticipates adding an achievement to track this in the future.
- One of the primary missions that CAP personnel support is imagery collection for disaster operations. The imagery collected by CAP deployed ground teams, small unmanned aerial systems and aircrews provide critical information to emergency managers. CAP is working to train more personnel to support these geospatial operations, and CAP/DO anticipates adding achievements to track the following courses and specialty qualifications built off of them in the future. CAP members completing the following courses should upload their certificate in Ops Quals for safekeeping.
- IS-60.b – The Homeland Security Geospatial Concept-of-Operations (GeoCONOPS) for Planners and Decision Makers
- IS-61.b – The Homeland Security Geospatial Concept-of-Operations (GeoCONOPS) in Depth
- IS-62.b – The Homeland Security Geospatial Concept-of-Operations (GeoCONOPS) In Use
- IS-63.b – Geospatial Information Infrastructure (GII)
- IS-64.a – DHS Common Operating Picture Application
- IS-103 – Geospatial Information Systems Specialist
- IS-922 – Applications of GIS for Emergency Management
- IS-2200 – Basic Emergency Operations Center (EOC)Functions: CAP Wings regularly need to have personnel embedded in EOCs and this will help assigned personnel understand the role, design and function of EOCs. CAP members completing this training should upload their certificate in Ops Quals for safekeeping; CAP/DO anticipates adding an achievement to track this in the future.
Emergency Services Officer Training
- Unit ES Officer Orientation - Wednesday February 24, 2021 - Slides - Recording
- ES Officer Professional Development Program - Link Download flyer
This series of 3 sessions covered a variety of topics relevant to CAP Emergency Services Officers. Led by Maj Michael Zabetakis, Maj Frank deBros , and Lt Col Ed Bos, all of whom are experienced ES Officers and have had experience as ES staff at the unit, wing, and national staff levels. Documentation of participation will be verified by completion of a summary quiz, available after the third session.
ORWG MS Teams ES Training/Support Channels
ORWG has an MS Teams site, ORWG - ES Training, which is the repository of ES training and support materials for ORWG ES personnel to use to support their training and reference material needs. There are individual channels for each qualification and some consolidated areas for categories such as Air Crew. This is a work in progress and some channels have not been populated and others are being added to as new materials are created/obtained.
Here are links to the various MS Teams channels. Login to your ORWG Office 365 account will required to view.
- Air Crew
- AOBD - Air Branch Director
- AP - Airborne Photography
- CUL - Communications Unit Leader
- ES Officer Track
- FASC - Finance - Admine
- FLM and FLS - Flight Line Marshaller
- GES - General Emergency Services
- GTM - Ground Team Member
- ICS Training
- IMT Personnel
- LSC - Logistics Section Chief
- MO - Mission Observer
- MP - Mission Pilot
- MRO - Mission Radio Operator
- MS - Mission Scanner
- MSA - Mission Staff Assistant
- OPS Officer Track
- OSC - Operations Section Chief
- POD - Points of Distribution
- PIO - Public Information Officer
- PSC - Planning Section Chief
- SAR - General Search and Rescue
- UDF - Urban Direction Finding
Virtual Learning Materials
Air and Flight Line Operations
- Staying in Contact (October 2020) - Slides - Recording
- Blue/Silver Air Operations (7/18/20) - Slides - Recording
- Review of Form 5 Process (7/18/20) - Slides - Recording
- Camera and GPS Manuals (stored in MS Teams)
Basic Emergency Services
- ORWG Basic SAR School 101 - Slides Webinar
- GES Training folder
- Basic GES Training slides
- Taking FEMA Course slides
ICS - Incident Command System
ICS Fundamentals Review (7/18/20)
Area Command Briefing (7/18/20)
IMT - Incident Management Team
IAP Development Overview (08/18/20)
Missing Aircraft Search Procedures Training (5/16/20)
Operational Planning - The Tactics Meeting and ICS-215 (7/28/20)
Planning P Workshop
- Pre-built Training Taskings - various topics - Link to MS Teams Channel
- Missing Aircraft Lead Processing in the Planning Section (Oct 2020) - Slides Recording
Resource Unit Training (5/16/20)
Resource & Supply Ordering Training (8/4/20)