Open Wing Staff Positions
Oregon Wing Headquarters has several opportunities for members to:
- Learn and work on a particular staff task in a wing staff section;
- Try their hand at managing one of the ongoing programs in a staff section;
- Move up to wing staff in your staff specialty from unit level staff experience;
- Put your CAP experience or your civilian job experience to work in a wing staff section;
- Gain staff experience at wing level;
- Work in an area which is not available at the unit staff level;
- Serve on a wing committee (Membership, Awards, Promotions, Finance);
- Serve as a staff member of a wing activity (Encampment, conference, competition).
This may be done in one of several ways:
- By notifying the Chief of Staff (see the Wing Staff page for e-mail) that you are interested in helping with wing level programs, projects, or activities;
- By offering to help do whatever needs to be done in a particular wing staff section;
- By taking on an additional duty assignment in a wing staff section while remaining a member of your current squadron;
- By transferring to Wing Headquarters, OR-001 from your current unit.
Help us get to know you.
- What times are you able to work on CAP?
Evenings? Weekends? Year-around? Seasonal? Just during your vacation?
- Can you attend quarterly Saturday, wing staff meetings?
- Can you attend some or most weekly staff work nights (Wednesdays)?
- What sorts of things would you like to work on?
- What area would like to work in? Do you have any civilian skills or experience to offer to wing staff?
- Do you want to work at home on your computer and e-mail your work to wing headquarters?
Every section usually needs help. Please feel free to inquire about opportunities not listed here.